Jobs Opportunities

Candidate Success Stories

Complete Support

Eric Delgado became interested in construction after studying marketing at Concordia University. He wanted to own his own business, so he worked with the family’s company for several years as a construction entrepreneur. After his father retired, Eric went to another construction job and simultaneously began working with Rynox, a brick-and-stone manufacturing business. Due to his marketing background, Eric worked in sales and consulting. However, his previous experience in construction planning from the family business made him an excellent estimator, a company role he enjoyed most. When he left the construction job and moved to the south shore, Eric continued to work for Rynox for some time.    

Eric connected with Défis RH when he put his resume on Indeed, and talent acquisition expert Madeleine reached out. She informed him about job opportunities at Norbec, a company that makes industrial coolers and isolation panels for buildings. Eric had already received a chance to work for a different company constructing prefabricated houses, but after eight months, the job progression did not satisfy him. Eric reconnected with Madeleine and asked if the door was still open at Norbec.      

After a successful interview with Norbec, the company offered to match his salary with the prefabricated home company and provide the option to work remotely three days a week. Working outside the office most days was ideal for Eric, so he happily accepted the new position. Eric is now an Estimator at Norbec and continues providing price estimations and plans for their various building envelope and refrigeration projects.      

Eric says that Défis RH made a significant difference in the recruitment process. “They had good communication. Madeleine was always following up with me, and I enjoyed the pre-interview with her. It gave me great ideas for the interview with Norbec and was very informative. I felt supported throughout the process,” says Eric. Working with Madeleine and Défis RH was a positive change from Eric’s previous recruitment experiences, which he said lacked thoughtful communication and hands-on preparation. Above all else, he appreciated the personable approach, saying that Madeleine made him feel like he was talking with a friend. Défis RH instilled in Eric the confidence to put his best foot forward with Norbec and all the jobs to come.

If you or someone you know needs help making a career change, please contact Défis RH to find out how they can help.

Read also

Stay connected

If you like what you read, sign up below to receive our blog.

Bookmark our website!