Jobs Opportunities

Partner Stories

Growing Together

Caroline Roy, Owner of Caro & Co., has loved recruiting since her very first job.

While attending school, she worked at a retail store and quickly developed a passion for human resources. Caroline studied social sciences at university to pursue this interest further.

Shortly after finishing school, she started her own company, Caron & Co., focusing on recruiting in technology. While her company focuses on the digital world, the human element inspires her work. “I love how each human has a story. I created my company because I like the relationships and want to work with people who share the same values,” says Caroline.

Four fundamental values have guided Caroline’s business. The first is healthy communication, the key to her productive partnerships. The second is active listening. “Everybody has a different story, so active listening enables us to withhold judgment and provide the best support,” explains Caroline. The third is her “human first” approach. Caroline focuses on the human element first and the business second, valuing connection over profit. The fourth ties each of these values together: relationships. She says, “I prioritize the relationships in all my business dealings.” Caroline guides her company with a love for recruitment at its essence: creating genuine relationships to lift and encourage people to achieve their very best.

Relationships are what led Caroline to work with Défis RH. Her husband was a former colleague of Défis RH founder Jessie Fortin. Recently, Caroline contacted Jessie for support on an international HR mandate: “I love Jessie because she is simple, honest, and genuine. In a short time, Jessie found the person I needed to help with my mandate.” The recruiting industry is complicated, but Caroline admires how Jessie can simplify things. While Caroline and Jessie have different HR expertise, they share the same values and love helping others shape their careers.

Caroline appreciates Défis RH’s conscientious approach to recruitment. “They are patient and passionate about what they do. Défis RH loves working with people, and this industry requires patience so you can understand and support the person”, says Caroline. With patience comes the ability to truly listen to clients and candidates. Caroline says, “Jessie quickly understands the company’s values and goals to make the right connection with a candidate.” The glue of this collaboration is Défis RH’s shared value of relationship-led recruitment. Rather than prioritizing quotas or tradition, Défis RH focuses on connecting humans to humans, just like Caroline with her business.

Caroline values the differences as much as the similarities between Caro & Co. and Défis RH. She concludes by saying, “We have different recruiting focuses, so we complement our respective businesses. I feel we can help grow our businesses together while maintaining our values and prioritizing a human approach to recruiting.”

Please contact us if you want to learn more about our valuable collaborators.

Read also

Stay connected

If you like what you read, sign up below to receive our blog.

Bookmark our website!